Sunday, February 17, 2019

Halocho #2237 - Is tomorrow a fast day?

In a non-leap year, the 13th of Adar is Ta'anit Esther.

In leap years - like this year 5779- תשע"ט - we fast and celebrate Purim in Adar-II.

However, in Adar-I we mark the days as "Purim Katan".

One should eat a bigger meal to increase happiness on 14th of Adar-I. Even in "walled cities" where Shushan-Purim is celebrated (e.g. Jerusalem) this is done on 14th (not 15th) of Adar-I. 

During Adar-I the Megila is not read, nor does one say עַל הַנִּסִּים. 

Source: Kitzur Shulchan Aruch 142:10

- Danny
Sunday, 12 Adar-I 5779


יוֹם אַרְבָּעָה עָשָׂר וַחֲמִשָּׁה עָשָׂר שֶׁבַּאֲדָר הָרִאשׁוֹן גַּם כֵּן אֵין אוֹמְרִים בָּהֶם לֹא תַחֲנוּן, וְלֹא אֵל אֶרֶךְ אַפַּיִם, וְלֹא לַמְנַצֵּחַ, וַאֲסוּרִין בְּהֶסְפֵּד וְתַעֲנִית. וּבְיוֹם אַרְבָּעָה עָשָׂר, מַרְבִּים קְצָת בִּסְעוּדָה

No comments:

Post a Comment